Thursday 12 February 2015

Forts and Palaces in Rajasthan - Pictures from the 19th century Part II

By Somali K Chakrabarti
"And here, over the portals of my fort,
I shall cut in stone the word
which is to be my beacon and my banner.
The word which will not die should we all perish in battle.."
-  Ayn Rand, The sacred word
Taking on from my last post on Forts and Palaces in Rajasthan - Pictures from the 19th century  Part I, here I continue further with the imaginary leap back in time, and present pictures and photographs from the 19th century of the historic forts and palaces of ChittorgarhUdaipur, Bundi, Jodhpur, Bikaner  and Jaisalmer
.

Palace of Bheem and Padmini, Chittorgarh, ca 1885

Palace of Rana Bhim and Padmini, Chittaurgarh,1829

Engraving of Padmini's Palace in Chittorgarh, by Edward Francis Finden and Patrick Young Waugh, ca 1829


Chittorgarh was the capital of the Mewar kingdom from the 8th to the mid-16th century.


Continue Reading......

No comments:

Post a Comment